Sunday 3 June 2012

Salmon Sashimi with Watercress, Witlof and Orange



My friend, who is in the know of such things, recently told me that watercress is the new superfood because it has been discovered that is has properties that assist with muscle repair. With that in mind, I set out to make a super quick lunch that was heathy, delicious and much more filling than a packet of sashimi alone. I lost my taste for raw fish during my first pregnancy and never quite regained it, but I do love seared fish that is still rare on the inside, so I have panfried my sashimi for literally 1-2 seconds on each side, but this salad would work just as beautifully with raw fish.


















100g watercress
1 witlof
1 orange, peeled, pit removed and cut into quarters then thinly sliced
2 breakfast radishes, thinly sliced
½ packet cooked edamame (soy beans) podded
1 tray of salmon sashimi

dressing
1 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
½ tspn hot English mustard
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp pickled ginger shredded (optional)

Combine ingredients for dressing and mix well. Place watercress, witlof leaves, edamame, orange slices and radish on a plate. Arrange sashimi on top and spoon over dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment