Friday 8 June 2012

Bircher Muesli



I have never been a fan of bircher muesli. I generally find it too sweet and mushy, but I had this at a friend’s house the other day and I am converted. The key is to use a natural yoghurt (as opposed to vanilla or flavoured) and she swears by organic apple juice. I serve it with extra yoghurt on top with a sprinkling of mixed seeds and dried fruit, but my friend served it with raspberry coulis mixed with thawed frozen raspberries – yum!!

















1 cup rolled oats
½ cup yoghurt
½ cup apple juice
¼ cup slivered almonds
¼ cup currants
grated green apple to serve


Mix oats, yoghurt, juice, almonds and currants in a bowl. Refrigerate overnight. To serve grate half a green apple per person and mix through oat mixture. Top with a dollop of yoghurt and a drizzle of honey, coulis or fruit and nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment