Friday 8 June 2012

Avocado on Toast #1



I have some variation of avocado on toast for breakfast most days. Lately, it has become in vogue and every café I go to seem to make their own version. This is my version, and I am yet to find anywhere that beats it. You need to start with good bread – my favourites at the moment are Noisette Bakery seeded or the Dench or D.Chirico sourdough. I like to toast the bread and then let it cool slightly so that when you put the topping on the toast remains crunchy.





















2 pieces of toast
½ avocado
pinch salt (I use Maldon flakes)
freshly ground black pepper
zest of ½ a lemon
3 tablespoon parsley, shredded
drizzle of olive oil

Smear avocado on toast. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Cover with lemon zest and parsley. Drizzle over good quality olive oil. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment