Thursday 22 August 2013

3pm Power Balls


These power balls are a perfect treat when you need a little something to keep you going. You can chop and change the ingredients to suit your tastes. I often add goji berries for a nice burst of colour and flavour. I like things really chocolately so I used quite a bit of cocoa and then a bit of honey to temper the bitterness. I've called these 3pm Power Balls because I often find I need an energy burst at that time of day, but they are so delicious I eat them at all hours! 





















1 cup raw almonds
1 cup pecans
3 heaped tbspn raw cacao
3 heaped tbspn protein powder (or 2 tbspn ground flax seeds)
Pinch of salt
2 tspn cinnamon
1 tspn all spice
1 tbspn ground ginger
15  medjool dates, pitted
2 tspn vanilla
1 tbspn honey
2 tbspn water

Put nuts, powders and spices in a food processor and pulse til crumb like.  Add dates and vanilla and pulse again. Add honey, pulse.  Add enough water so that the mixture holds together when pressed.  Roll into balls and coat with raw cacao or coconut. Store in the fridge or freezer.


No comments:

Post a Comment